Medvedev and wife / Russia

Voices from Russia

President Dmitri Medvedev (1965- ), with his wife Svetlana Medvedeva (1965- )
Italian President Giorgio Napolitano gave the symbolic keys of the Russian Orthodox podvorie in Bari, Italy, to President Dmitri Medvedev at an official ceremony of handing the church to Russia on Sunday at the Hall of St Nikolai on the podvorie grounds.
.
Both Mrs Medvedeva and Signora Napolitano, the wives of the presidents, also participated in the ceremonies.
.
The Italian government decided to transfer the shrine-church of St Nicholas and its related property in Bari to Russian ownership during then-President Vladimir Putin’s visit to Italy in March 2007.
.
The Italian government completed the internal procedures on passing the church to Russia without compensation in April 2008, and the deed of conveyance was signed in Rome on 13 November 2008. Vladimir Kozhin, an assistant to President Medvedev for property matters, signed the document on the Russian side.
.
The religious centre has an an area of 8,000 square metres (@2 acres), and it was established at the initiative of Grand Princess Yelizaveta Fyodorovna of Russia to accommodate Russian pilgrims coming to Bari to venerate the relics of St Nicholas.
.
It was built to the design of Russian architect Aleksei Shchusev with donations from believers, including Tsar Nikolai II, in 1913-17. Work was not completed because of World War I and the events surrounding the Russian Revolution.
.
Russian émigrés who were members of the Russian Palestinian Society passed all of the church buildings to the municipality of Bari in 1937, because they lacked the funds to maintain the church in a proper and fit condition.
.
Bari municipal authorities gave some of the church buildings back to Russia in late 1990s, including the upper church and some of the living quarters; however, the complex remained in the ownership of the municipality.
.
Archpriest Vladimir Kuchumov, the former rector of the shrine-church dedicated to St Nicholas, said it was a “historic” event, for Italy is handing over property to its original owner. He pointed out the fact that the compound is a UNESCO-registered monument.
2 March 2009.

Un comentario en “Medvedev and wife / Russia

  1. Voices from RussiaPresident Dmitri Medvedev (1965- ), with his wife Svetlana Medvedeva (1965- ) Italian President Giorgio Napolitano gave the symbolic keys of the Russian Orthodox podvorie in Bari, Italy, to President Dmitri Medvedev at an official ceremony of handing the church to Russia on Sunday at the Hall of St Nikolai on the podvorie grounds. . Both Mrs Medvedeva and Signora Napolitano, the wives of the presidents, also participated in the ceremonies. . The Italian government decided to transfer the shrine-church of St Nicholas and its related property in Bari to Russian ownership during then-President Vladimir Putin’s visit to Italy in March 2007. . The Italian government completed the internal procedures on passing the church to Russia without compensation in April 2008, and the deed of conveyance was signed in Rome on 13 November 2008. Vladimir Kozhin, an assistant to President Medvedev for property matters, signed the document on the Russian side.. The religious centre has an an area of 8,000 square metres (@2 acres), and it was established at the initiative of Grand Princess Yelizaveta Fyodorovna of Russia to accommodate Russian pilgrims coming to Bari to venerate the relics of St Nicholas. .It was built to the design of Russian architect Aleksei Shchusev with donations from believers, including Tsar Nikolai II, in 1913-17. Work was not completed because of World War I and the events surrounding the Russian Revolution. . Russian émigrés who were members of the Russian Palestinian Society passed all of the church buildings to the municipality of Bari in 1937, because they lacked the funds to maintain the church in a proper and fit condition. . Bari municipal authorities gave some of the church buildings back to Russia in late 1990s, including the upper church and some of the living quarters; however, the complex remained in the ownership of the municipality. . Archpriest Vladimir Kuchumov, the former rector of the shrine-church dedicated to St Nicholas, said it was a “historic” event, for Italy is handing over property to its original owner. He pointed out the fact that the compound is a UNESCO-registered monument.2 March 2009. – Voices from Russiahttp://02varvara.wordpress.com/

Responder

Introduce tus datos o haz clic en un icono para iniciar sesión:

Logo de WordPress.com

Estás comentando usando tu cuenta de WordPress.com. Cerrar sesión / Cambiar )

Imagen de Twitter

Estás comentando usando tu cuenta de Twitter. Cerrar sesión / Cambiar )

Foto de Facebook

Estás comentando usando tu cuenta de Facebook. Cerrar sesión / Cambiar )

Google+ photo

Estás comentando usando tu cuenta de Google+. Cerrar sesión / Cambiar )

Conectando a %s